That Twit, Lou Dobbs

callmeslick

That Twit, Lou Dobbs

Post by callmeslick »

.....finally wore out his welcome at CNN. Thank goodness! He might be the ultimate example of what has gone very badly wrong with US cable news(and yes, I include MSNBC on the left every bit as much as Faux News on the right). Lou, at one time, was a reasonable, rational business newsperson. I used to watch his report religiously, and learned a lot of good, fundamental economic insight. Then, I suppose in an effort for showy ratings, Lou transformed into a fire-breathing populist. Gradually, he evolved into a true idiot, beating the same one-sided messages home night after tiring night. Apparently, this got him a radio talk show gig,
where he continued with more of the same(I've never heard it, so merely secondhand info). Good riddance from the TV airwaves, Lou. May you be replaced with real, in depth news, and less bluster and BS. I don't care if the presenter is left or right wing. The less I am aware of the leanings, the better I feel about it.
If I want bombast, I'll tune in O'Reilly, he's mastered it. If I want biased, ignorant bullshit, there are still a host of options, from Hannity to Matthews, with Beck off on his own personal planet(and, who, in more rational times, would be institutionalized and medicated).
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: That Twit, Lou Dobbs

Post by Pudfark »

Don't hold back next time... :D Is that whut a "Tweet" or "Twitter" be? :roll:

You ain't a try'n to take a "twit" on us...is ya? :?

Old Pudfark sez: "No twit, Sherlock"... :ugeek:
fatman

Post by fatman »

So is he going to be the repub candidate for 2012
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

fatman wrote:So is he going to be the repub candidate for 2012
given the self-destructive path they've chosen, why not?

slick, who REALLY doesn't want a one-party government, no matter what ruggie thinks.....
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Dad gummit Slick...not so soon after my supper... ;)
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Slick, I does agree wid ya on that won-party government.....look what it is doing to the country...right now....
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote:Slick, I does agree wid ya on that won-party government.....look what it is doing to the country...right now....

I can't really agree with you there, Pud. We still have two parties, it's just that the one in death throes is trying very destructive tactics, like failing to allow executive appointees to take office 9 months into the term. The potential for stretching human resources too thin could put us all at risk. On legislation, it is pretty one-sided, but that's mostly due to the GOP not choosing to participate. They still have enough votes to form coalitions with moderate Dems, but choose not to. They will likely end up regretting the choice of tactics, but time will tell.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Both sides are pulling that shit Slick. Dems pulled it when Bush was in office. Now the roles are reversed. The public needs to get some rope and scope out some light poles in D.C.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Lou Dobbs finally got tired of the left wing scum at the Commie News Network.
My hat's off off to him!

It's hard to fathom how a reasonable intelligent man could last so long in that cesspool of leftist scum.

HH
Yellow77

Post by Yellow77 »

callmeslick wrote:
Pudfark wrote:Slick, I does agree wid ya on that won-party government.....look what it is doing to the country...right now....

I can't really agree with you there, Pud. We still have two parties, it's just that the one in death throes is trying very destructive tactics, like failing to allow executive appointees to take office 9 months into the term. The potential for stretching human resources too thin could put us all at risk. On legislation, it is pretty one-sided, but that's mostly due to the GOP not choosing to participate. They still have enough votes to form coalitions with moderate Dems, but choose not to. They will likely end up regretting the choice of tactics, but time will tell.
I disagree that we still have 2 parties. Which party voted against the DMCA, the Patriot act, warrant-less wire-tapping, FISA protection for the phone companies for said wire-tapping? Which party voted to block the Sonny Bono infinite extension of media copyrights, voted against eminent domain, voted to block software and business method patents? Which party stood up for the little guy, against the multi-national corporations? Neither of the "2 parties." We have one party in the U.S.; the party of big business. Bought and paid for by the lobbyists.