My fearless 2012 NFL predictions.

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

My fearless 2012 NFL predictions.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

NFC

East: Picture four starving Pitt Bulls all fighting for the same scrap of meat. By the time these teams are done beating the shit out of each other there may not be a wild card team come from the east. The Philadelphia Eagles will come out on top. Probably via tie breakers.

North: Picture three starving Pitt Bulls all fighting for the same scrap of meat. The Green Bay Packers come away with the meat. They were 15 - 1 last year and got better on defense. That's scary.

South: New Orleans Saints. Brees is too good to get all the drama get to him. Dispite the off season mess, this is still the team to beat in the south.

West: San Francisco 49ers. And they'll make it look easy.

Wild Cards: Detroit Lions, Atlanta Falcons

Cinderella team: Carolina Panthers

Team with the best chance to make me look like a complete idiot: Seattle Seahawks

Lucy! You got some explaining to do!: St. Louis Rams. If this team wins 4 games I'll eat raw road kill stuffed with shards of glass.

AFC

East: New England Patriots. Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Gaffney, Lloyd, Branch, Woodhead.......are you kidding me! When your 4th tier wide reciever is Donte Stallworth you know you have a stacked offense! Can Brady throw 55 TD's this year? Sure. Why not? Can he throw 60? With this crew, sure. Why not? The only thing stopping him would be having two broken arms. (because I'm pretty sure he could still do it with two broken legs!)

North: Baltimore Ravens. It's do or die time for the Ravens. That defense isn't going to last forever. They'll play like monsters this year.

South: Houston Texans. Excellent team, but not very deep. If the starters can stay healthy the sky is the limit.

West: Kansas City Chiefs. Yup, you read that right. Now stop laughing.

Wild Cards: Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos

Cinderella team: Buffalo Bills.

Team with the best chance to make me look like a complete idiot: Tennessee Titans

Lucy! You got some explaining to do!: Cleveland Browns. Every home game this year should be declared a day of mourning by Cleveland's Mayor.

NFC Championship game: Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles

AFC Championship game: New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens

Super Bowl: New England Patriots vs. Green Bay Packers
callmeslick

Re: My fearless 2012 NFL predictions.

Post by callmeslick »

not bad for a Canadian, Res.

All that seems easy to me is the Pats blowing away the league if Tommy Boy stays healthy. Last time McDaniels was Offensive
Coordinator, the league whined about them running up scores. The D will finally solidify this year(started to by end of last year), and they have all the earmarks of being both hungry and scary good.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Res, looking over your picks and having now seen a couple weeks worth of camp/bogus games, I'l offer a few points of difference:

NFC--

East--First off, the Eagles(sad to say, really) are going to suck, again. They have no offense without Vick, and he may not have
survived a pre-season game vs. the Pats second stringers. Washington and Dallas should be enough improved to keep
the Giants honest, and in fact, I'll go out on a limb and pick Dallas in an upset. Agree about lack of wildcard here.

North--Generally agree, Pack kicks butt, Detroit likely wildcard and woe be to the Vikings

South--Too much drama with the Saints. Atlanta gets in this year. Maybe the Saints grab a wildcard

West--San Fran in a division so bad, they should play in the CFL :P

AFC--

East--Pats in a walk. Another pretty lame division, by the way.

North--Steelers will outclass Baltimore. The Ravens window is shutting, fast, but likely a wildcard

South--A dogfight between Houston and Tennessee. Pick 'em, but only one gets a wildcard.

West--Actually, I tend to agree with Res, the Chiefs can take this, and San Diego or Denver gets the last wildcard.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

No faith in Denver eh? We'll see.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:No faith in Denver eh? We'll see.
Denver? I've heard of that.
It's a steak house in Cleveland.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

You haven't heard of a lot of things living on the frozen tundra.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:You haven't heard of a lot of things living on the frozen tundra.
That's funny.
If I remember correctly, I live in an area that is farther south than you.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

You better look at the map again.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Buzz wrote:You better look at the map again.
I thought you were in Montana?
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

It says Colorado in all my posts. :mrgreen: