Post Office

Buzz

Post Office

Post by Buzz »

Barfly

Re: Post Office

Post by Barfly »

There was a time you had to wait 6-8 weeks for the post office to deliver an ordered item.... private industry has reduced that to overnight or any number of relatively quick options, catered to what you're willing to pay - private box carriers of various types can deliver mail, there is no need for the USPS anymore - they don't do anything that can't be done better in the private sector.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Ok Buzz...here's my thoughts ;)
That 15.9 billion deficit?
Will look like chump change in a few years....
Wait till you see the deficits that ObamaCare is gonna run up.... :P

Oh, and what Barfly said "they don't do anything that can't be done better in the private sector." :)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Barfly wrote:There was a time you had to wait 6-8 weeks for the post office to deliver an ordered item.... private industry has reduced that to overnight or any number of relatively quick options, catered to what you're willing to pay - private box carriers of various types can deliver mail, there is no need for the USPS anymore - they don't do anything that can't be done better in the private sector.
except.....the private sector won't touch bulk advertising mail, and would charge triple for a mere letter, and those two are the vast bulk of what the USPS has to deliver now. Anyone trying to use the USPS as some sort of example of 'government gone awry' or 'superiority of private sector management' has their head up their ass, IMHO.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:
Barfly wrote:There was a time you had to wait 6-8 weeks for the post office to deliver an ordered item.... private industry has reduced that to overnight or any number of relatively quick options, catered to what you're willing to pay - private box carriers of various types can deliver mail, there is no need for the USPS anymore - they don't do anything that can't be done better in the private sector.
except.....the private sector won't touch bulk advertising mail, and would charge triple for a mere letter, and those two are the vast bulk of what the USPS has to deliver now. Anyone trying to use the USPS as some sort of example of 'government gone awry' or 'superiority of private sector management' has their head up their ass, IMHO.
I agree with all you said there Slick....except the part "has their head up their ass, IMHO.", which disproves all of what you said above it...

Private companies go out of business, spending more than they receive...
It seems? You're endorsing huge government deficits, as the way to go....
Personally, I got better things to do....than read bulk mail...each to their own ;)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

yes, I am endorsing running the USPS at a deficit, or, if you will, subsidizing a public service that benefits both society and the economy.

oh, and I'm with you on the bulk mail, although my wife scarfs up the coupons.....which speaks to the economy part above.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

What's your predictions if the PO goes belly up?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

"it's in the mail"....will have a new meaning.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

...and now, FedEx and UPS are under investigation....
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Well, that comes as no surprise.....
Any and Every thing goes...to make that 18.9 billion look acceptable/except-able...eh?