President's latest numbers

CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

President's latest numbers

Post by CUDA »

President Obama's job approval rating has fallen to 47 percent in the latest Gallup poll, the lowest ever recorded for any president at this point in his term.

The new low comes as Obama enters the home stretch in his push to enact his signature initiative, an overhaul of the nation's health care system, and escalates America's involvement in the Afghanistan war.

Below are comparable ratings for other presidents since Gallup began taking presidential approval polls in 1938:

-- George W. Bush, 86 percent
-- Bill Clinton, 52 percent
-- George H.W. Bush, 71 percent
-- Ronald Reagan, 49 percent
-- Jimmy Carter, 57 percent
-- Gerald Ford, 52 percent
-- Richard Nixon, 59 percent
-- Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent
-- John Kennedy, 77 percent
-- Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent
-- Harry Truman, 49 percent

Franklin Roosevelt had been in office more than five years before Gallup began taking presidential approval polls. During his remaining years as president, Roosevelt never fell below 48 percent.

The poll is an average of a three-day tracking of 1,529 adults taken Dec. 4-6. It has a margin of error of 3 percentage points.
Things arent looking good for President D'oh-Bama
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: President's latest numbers

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Quick question....how many of the Presidents on that list started trying to enact an overhaul of the nation's health care system within 4 months of taking office?

All American politicians know that heath care reform is the black hole of politics.
Win or lose, kuddos to Obama for at least trying.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Quick question....how many of the Presidents on that list started trying to enact an overhaul of the nation's health care system within 4 months of taking office?
Yeah, let's qualify it....................How many of the Presidents on the list are black? That must mean that Americans disapprove cuz he's black. Not.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Ruggstir,

Obama ain't black...he is colored....black&white... :ugeek:

Old Pudfark sez: "ya calls a spade a spade...an a shovel a shovel" Tiger Woods and Obama is colored. :ugeek:
nuf

Post by nuf »

Pudfark wrote:Obama ain't black...he is colored....black&white... :ugeek:

both are not colours :mrgreen:
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

as I watch the Obama years unfold, it is clear he is slowly marginalizing the nutcases at the extremes, and will solidify the middle by the time he has to(2012) in order to win re-election. I think his people are learning the lesson, not to depend on the Democratic Party as a whole. They will let the Pelosi/Reed Congress sink or swim on their own, and keep focusing on the middle. A bit of a risky strategy on paper, but one that may well suit the American public. The fact that Obama is clearly willing to spend his political capital down(hence,
the lower poll numbers)now, shows that he has the balls to do what needs to be done, with the confidence that he will come out looking good in the end.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

Hahahaha. That was fucking great! That's a whole pitcher of kool aid down the hatch.
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

time will tell, Ruggie....time will tell.
(I think I remember posting that same line about Obama, back in July of last year ;) )
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.