NFL picks: Divisional Playoffs

The New England Patriots suck! Discuss.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: NFL picks: Divisional Playoffs

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Lombardi only coached the Redskins for one year.
His QB was Sonny J.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Pud is thinking of Fred Lombardi, distant cousin of Vince......or something. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:Pud is thinking of Fred Lombardi, distant cousin of Vince......or something. :lol:
Didn't he have a pizza place before going into coaching?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

still around. A serious pie, I might add, and don't miss the hot wings! :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

So Slick, after watching San Fran yesterday do you think the Pats still have a chance to win the Fred Lombardi trophy?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

yeah, I do. They figured the Niners out in the regular season game.....albeit, too late in the game, but clearly, the second half was dominated by the Pats in their comeback. So, this time around, I figure that Bill B will have them game-planned a bit better. Bear in mind, the Niners gave up a ton of points to the Pack, on their home turf, to a somewhat beat-up Packers team.
Now, on the other hand, Baltimore worries me, and has since last week. They seem to be a team posessed by desperation. This is likely the last chance before a window closes on their opportunity and they seem very determined. I don't see the Pats falling to the Texans, but the Ravens sort of scare me, unless they left too much on the field in that game yesterday.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

I've never been much of a Flacco fan, but that boy has a cannon for an arm!
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

I think Flacco gets overlooked. He's a good QB, not a great one, but still very solid. Given that he's working for, like, his 12th offensive coordinator, he does good work. Like I say, that team puts me in mind of the Blues Brothers....they're on a Mission From God. Scary.

well, it's getting to lunch(and game) time: Time to order out from Lombardi's. I think a nice Sausage, Onion and Mushroom with extra mozzerella sounds about right. ;)
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:Time to order out from Lombardi's. I think a nice Sausage, Onion and Mushroom with extra mozzerella sounds about right. ;)
Fred Lombardi's home made Italian hot sausage I assume?
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

callmeslick wrote:
Buzz wrote:I was a NE fan before you. So, live with it. :lol:
unless your rooting interest started before 1974, no you were not! :)
Dude! I was born and brought up in Springfield Mass. I was a fan when they were called the Boston Patriots. I have you beat by over 10 years.

My whole family and all out friends and neighbors were Pats fans. I thought i'd be loyal to my home state, and try being a Denver fan. It won't happen again.

If you remember any bets I made on this forum in the past, it was always for the Pats.

I don't think I really had faith in Denver. When I ragged on the Pats to you I felt bad inside, and was really routing for them. I did want to see the two teams in the SB.

Denver shouldn't have lost the game last night. They made some really stupid decisions.