Wazzup wid dis?

Burglar gets 113 cautions
27,000 'let off'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... tions.html

Yeah...I already know...the source...my bad. :oops:
Buzz

Re: @Soapy

Post by Buzz »

You guys are so hung up on sources. What does it matter if everybody says the same thing?
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

I be the first to admit...this time, that the "Sun" is a bit of a tabloid.

Mark me down fer this...The boobies there, are better looking, than the boobies here.
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

I'm not a cop or a politician so don't know why you are asking me. If your post is what is my opinion on the article, well if the stats are true, then the Police are playing the numbers game and not solving crimes because it's a lot easier and cheaper for them to do so, no doubt because of the measures the government put in place re their budgets and results.

Society as a whole is being "managed" on a results based method which is all about ticking the right boxes and nothing at all to do with actually doing a job. From things like this all the way down to a guy working in a shop.

I work in a place where the people who actually get ahead don't do a lot of work in reality, but instead move it around a lot and fix nothing, their stats are fantastic while mine are average. Difference is that I actually solve issues, so in reality I'm doing what I'm being paid to do well.

Same with the Police force in that article. Cops that arrest and investigate use up more resources than those who take the easy "caution" option so the box tickers get advancement and the actual guys doing their jobs are seen as inefficient.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

That was the answer I was looking for Soapy.
I asked it of you, because you're there and you shoot straight with folks.

Thanx...and I hope y'all find a way to fix it.
That sort of "logic" is fast becoming the "norm" here in the U.S.
I suppose, that what you had the courage to write here, today?
You were to say publicly there?...Would get you "shouted down".