Soapy, if you're out there....

callmeslick

Soapy, if you're out there....

Post by callmeslick »

....lord knows, I probably asked you this, several forum iterations ago, but, was doing some pleasant listening today and thought of it. Did you ever listen much to, or see in person, Del Amitri? I have the album, Twisted, on CD. Nice, nice stuff. Got to wondering, to the wife, how hard it would be, and how much it would set me back, to locate a copy on vinyl. The answer seems to be: 1) very hard and 2) minimum of $150 for a near-mint minus quality original 1995 copy.
Damn, they were a good band, and completely overlooked, to my mind.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Re: Soapy, if you're out there....

Post by Buzz »

I smell a nerdy thread.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

just a music thread, nothing to worry about, Buzz. :)
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

It's the music i'm worried about. Do you have to wear a smoking jacket to listen to it?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, you could, but I suspect you'd look a little funny doing so. :)

I have some small amusement picturing either Soapy or Myself as the 'smoking jacket' types, also......
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I have no problem imagining it. :mrgreen:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

HOLY SHIT !!!!
This thread is over 24 hours old and Pud hasn't politicized it yet!

He must be sober for a change. :lol:
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Not my cup of tea.... 8-)
Soapy

Post by Soapy »

Only saw them twice back in the late mid 80's. Once at Glasgow Uni Queen Margaret Uni and the second time they did a "surprise" gig in the Rock Garden Pub, Glasgow. They were an okay band but I didn't get really into them.

They did a single for the Scotland national football squad during the world cup called "Don't come home too soon" which I'm sure was being Ironic. This was 1998 so of course Scotland got knocked out early :)

In the 90's they used to rehearse in Berkeley Street Studios when my band was using the place,( or at least Justin Currie did ) and we met them a few times. I think our bass player's girlfriend had a thing for Justin ;)

If I see any of their stuff on vinyl around town or so I'll see if I can pick it up for you. Saying that there are only maybe 3 or 4 decent record stores I know of in the City that might have copies.

/The above was written while I was wearing my smoking jacket, jodhpurs and monocle :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Soapy wrote:The above was written while I was wearing my smoking jacket, jodhpurs and monocle :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: