Connecticut ups the ante

callmeslick

Connecticut ups the ante

Post by callmeslick »

.....toughest gun laws in the nation.
http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc ... 1094.story
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: Connecticut ups the ante

Post by Pudfark »

Again, not to wear/ware out the phrase...laws that do nothing fer nobody. Prevent, nothing. I'd call it..."Registration Flagellation".
fatman

Post by fatman »

So how does gun control work? One must admit we have some pretty regulated laws here and yet gun crime still rocks on bikies druggies etc they just laugh at the situation knowing that joe blow cant do crap
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

You may have forgotten the premise, Fats.....we are ALL aware that outlaw bikers, theives, etc are going to get black market weapons. What some of us, and a new poll out this morning indicates many MORE of us, are interested in doing is closing off too-easy access for mentally unstable people and others who commit one-off large-scale violent acts.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

What that means Fats is this...
Mental Cases get to roam the streets at will and do whatever....
Everybody else?
Has to hide from them.

That's the "logical" solution the Dem's have come up with.
ObamaCare don't address mental health issues so therefor,
the Dem's don't. With the way the Dem's are "imposing"
sequestration? Nobody is safe, not even them. What's
strikingly funny to me? Who is going to enforce these laws?
Why would they be enforced?

Old Pudfark sez: " Sorta like trying to make hammers safer...ban nails. "
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Please show me ANY of the laws that have been proposed. that would have prevented the Newtown shooting. and I'll be waiting, and I'll be waiting a LOOOOOOOOONG time because none of them would have.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

well, Cuda, for starters, had the CT bill been in place, no one in the Lanza house would have been able to obtain an AR-15, nor purchase a high cap magazine, or been able to purchase ammo for it without a background check in place. The text of the whole bill, for you all to peruse:
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc ... 7.htmlpage
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:well, Cuda, for starters, had the CT bill been in place, no one in the Lanza house would have been able to obtain an AR-15, nor purchase a high cap magazine, or been able to purchase ammo for it without a background check in place. The text of the whole bill, for you all to peruse:
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc ... 7.htmlpage
:lol: "Nobody would have been able to"

How's about this being a dab more accurate "Nobody would have been legally able to". We all know how well Mental Cases and Criminals are concerned with the "legalities". As a Southerner, not much interested in
"liberal yankees" antics...It's amusing to me, that the idiots there, have so
limited their ability to avail themselves of any and all means to defend themselves or their families. This is indicative of..."the South shall rise again" 8-)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

crazy people don't operate on the black market.....ever, virtually. Also, Lanza's late mother was presumably the one who acquired the guns, and by all I have read, she was law abiding, if a little daft.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:crazy people don't operate on the black market.....ever, virtually. Also, Lanza's late mother was presumably the one who acquired the guns, and by all I have read, she was law abiding, if a little daft.
"virtually"...as in virtual reality...? ;)

"presumably"...as in no one contests she bought the weapons legally?

"daft"...as in she followed the law.

What a pile of gibberish you wrote. :roll:

Please provide evidence/facts that support your statement "crazy people don't operate on the black market". When it is a fact, they have walked into to "gun stores" and bought weapons. They've murdered and stolen weapons. You say they are incapable on buying them on the "Black Market", how so?