Obama on Syria:

Pudfark

Obama on Syria:

Post by Pudfark »

"The world cannot stand idly by", like I did in Benghazi.
Pudfark

Re: Obama on Syria:

Post by Pudfark »

"The president is asking Congress to debate whether or not to bomb Syria on behalf of Al Qaeda aligned rebels and telling anyone who will listen he might just ignore Congress should it reject the bombing.

The only sad part of this whole affair is that Barack Obama’s new found skills at extricating himself from bad situations in the Middle East came too late to deploy for others in Benghazi."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/ ... z2eDmO1W7b
fatman

Post by fatman »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

hmmmm, not sure I agree, but they may have a point. By the way, for those of you who like to toss the term around, THIS is Liberal media:
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/09/ ... -shot.html
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Here's a conservative take on it:

"Even a blind hog occasionally finds an acorn".
"Obama is so 'lucky' he could shit in a swinging jug".
"Out of the mouth of babes...."

Everybody knows this "gaffe" ain't gonna work.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

lessee....for the umpteenth time, the 'Liberal Press' comes up with actual, concrete facts and draws conclusions. Pud, representing(perhaps wrongly) 'Conservative thinking' comes up with nothing but cute mocking phrases. Which do you think actual intelligent people find more compelling, Pud? My point is, and has been, you have to be ready to come to the table with something more substantial, or I(and others) aren't going to take you seriously.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Except Obama isn't outsmarting anyone but zionists. Nobody cares about Syria's gaz stockpiles. If Obama is outsmarting someone, it's the people who want to bring Assad down and let islamists take over Syria. They'll probably find another way though. The country is as good as ruined as it is.

Nic
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nicolas10 wrote:Except Obama isn't outsmarting anyone but zionists. Nobody cares about Syria's gaz stockpiles. If Obama is outsmarting someone, it's the people who want to bring Assad down and let islamists take over Syria. They'll probably find another way though. The country is as good as ruined as it is.

Nic

are you suggesting that the wife and I should cancel that week-long trip to the Damascus Hilton over the holidays? ;)
nicolas10

Post by nicolas10 »

Glad you can laugh at dozens of thousands of innocent people getting stuck between the syrian regime and the crazy lunatics we train and finance to bring it down. Not counting the few hundreds of thousand people who have had to leave their homes & their land because of it.

I guess you thought the half million iraqi children that died of illness & malnutrition was hilarious too?

Nic
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

nicolas10 wrote:Glad you can laugh at dozens of thousands of innocent people getting stuck between the syrian regime and the crazy lunatics we train and finance to bring it down. Not counting the few hundreds of thousand people who have had to leave their homes & their land because of it.

I guess you thought the half million iraqi children that died of illness & malnutrition was hilarious too?

Nic
not laughing at it, but that region has been a hellish realm of hatred, reprisal and violence for decades. Interestingly, I came across, just the other day, a quote from a member of Reagan's international affairs team who described the Middle East in such terms over 35 years ago.....and, nothing has changed. Assad sucks, the opposition sucks, the whole region sucks. Thus, my words about vacationing there were just a touch of irony in this sad mess.