Ten Daze/Days

Pudfark

Ten Daze/Days

Post by Pudfark »

OBAMACARE SOFTWARE GLITCH PROVIDING WRONG PRICES

An Obamacare software glitch is now incorrectly tabulating how much people must pay for health insurance, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.

"There's a blanket acknowledgment that rates are being calculated incorrectly," a senior health insurance executive told the WSJ. "Our tech and operations people are very concerned about the problems they're seeing and the potential of them to stick around."

Government officials, however, say they are not worried and promised the Obamacare insurance exchanges will be ready to go on October 1. "We continue working with [insurers] and we are confident that on Oct. 1, consumers will see accurate premium costs, including tax credits," said Medicare spokesperson Brian Cook.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ong-Prices

Hopefully...they'll have it fixed by then. I've been waiting patiently for Slick/Delaware to start the exchange process. "So we can all see, what we got". Yes, I know it will differ some, state by state.
I know, have reason to believe, good or bad, Slick will weigh in/report with accuracy, his findings.
No sarcasm intended/meant, from me.
callmeslick

Re: Ten Daze/Days

Post by callmeslick »

as I did promise to report in, I will, as the rate charts went up on the exchange site yesterday:

using the only example which I can completely verify, my household, here are the results(should I stick with an Exchange plan, of which there are 14):

current year--Health Insurance for Ms Slick and I costs $1723 per month. For this, I get a $1000 family deductable, $3000 max out of pocket, $30 copays and
a range of pharmacy copays from 0(generic approved) to $50(name-brand which Dr. insists upon). I also have dental insurance that picks up 90% of routine work, and 60% of oral surgery/speciality work.

2014--"Platinum" plan for Ms.Slick and I will cost $1340 per month. For this, I will get a $1500 deductable and $5000 out of pocket max, $25 copays, seemingly similar pharmacy coverage. Adding a dental plan will cost another $90 a month, it appears, for something pretty close to the current plan. Further, if I continue to choose not to return to work(consulting gig was completed in Sept), my income will be a wee bit under the cap for subsidy eligibility, so it looks as if I will get a $300 or so tax subsidy. Net cost to me would appear to be around $1405 per month. This will save me, therefore, $318 per month or around $3800 for the year. Now, to be fair, my out of pocket max goes up, as does deductible, so I should take that extra $500-2500 into consideration. Thus, worst case scenario, in Delaware, with very good coverage, I will save $1300 per year, and know that the vast bulk of my fellow Delawareans have some coverage, so I am no longer paying for emergency room use as Primary care, nor am I footing the bill for young people who chose not to get insured(I'm healthy, dude!), and then get into a car accident and run up $50,000 of uncovered care. Win, win, win, all around!

Looks good from this locale.

Now, as promised, I will continue to avoid this cesspool of stupid. You see, that's the 'Ignore' function that really works! I will toss in the comment that I find it perfectly hilarious that Slappy, who always claimed to have me on ignore, writes a post with a title essentially whining about my absence. Who told him??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

I have had you off of ignore since I told you long ago.
I love watching you whine as the members of this forum had your ass to you :lol:

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

and, for the rest of the folks, things aren't looking bad, either:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/201 ... ected.html

oh, and one correction, I will NOT be eligible for the little subsidy, so my estimate above will increase by $300 for the year, but still a savings over current plan. w00t! And, thus, it is NO wonder that the GOP/loony-tune right is desperately trying to put the brakes on before next week. Reality, as usual, is going to take a decided turn towards the left.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Seems yer betting the farm...on this dude, Slick? Being as he is the author to the link above:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Yglesias‎
Matthew Yglesias is an American liberal economics journalist and political blogger.

Sure hope yer calculations were/are based upon the "soon to be made changes" that I referenced in my original post that started this thread. Everything I'm hearing/reading says the exact opposite of what you have posted here. IMHO, it's still to soon to tell....how bad, it's going to be?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

my numbers are official, haven't changed since Delaware made them official, and can be locked in next week. Oh, and from what I can tell from the Silver plan rates, the analysis would seem pretty accurate.
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

It would be appropriate to make an assessment AFTER price fixing has gone into effect.... Not before eh?
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

what on Earth are you blabbering about, Barfly? The rates I posted are the rates I am getting from Delaware. Period. Nothing is changing(I even asked the lady about the Breitbart piece about errors. She laughed. We both laughed.). Get over it. I'm saving a couple grand. Other people nationwide are going to saving, and still more are going to finally get coverage for, at least, catastrophic issues that would have bankrupted them before. We won't be paying as much for ER misuse. On and on.
Barfly

Post by Barfly »

You don't know, you have provided no evidence that's the case as usual, you are just hpoing what has been promisd will be delivered.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Barfly wrote:You don't know, you have provided no evidence that's the case as usual, you are just hpoing what has been promisd will be delivered.
what part of that is my contracted rate at signup next week aren't you grasping? It's not like I posted some estimate from 6 months out, with imaginary insurance companies. That is what I will get from Blue Cross for 2014. I am still double checking Aetna and Cigna off the exchange to see if they can beat the rate or better the other features, but what I posted above is not some random guess. It's the stated, published rate, adjusted for my age, my wife's age, pre-existing conditions and every other extraneous factor.

Boy, the Obama-Haters are just grasping at straws now, huh? No wonder the loony fringe right is desperate enough to shut down government to try and stop this law from taking effect. Simple fear of it actually becoming quite popular.