RIP--one of the greats

No Politics.
callmeslick

RIP--one of the greats

Post by callmeslick »

Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Re: RIP--one of the greats

Post by Pudfark »

No wonder....I never heard of him.

"The Velvet Underground, considered the house band of artist Andy Warhol's studio, The Factory, in the 1960s, never reached commercial success in their time, but are reverently cited by many modern musicians."

Oh well....
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

dude, you really need to get out more. Lou Reed was among America's best poets of the past 50 years, and the fact that he put his words to music was merely a plus. A true original and great, great talent.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Ok....if ya say so.

Just sayin' it's a 55 mile round trip to Walmart.
Not to mention, it's a dab late fer that fella.

I'll take yer word for it...the guy had talent...and some folks will miss him.
Matter of fact, it's after 4pm here, meaning it's after 5pm at yer place....so, I'll hoist up
a dab of corn squeezin's in his honor...and Teddy's. Good looking critter you have...about the same
size fella as my two little fur persons...and he looks alot like them. :)
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Teddy is a miniature American Eskimo, and not well bred. He and his siblings were abandoned in a cardboard box in Baltimore, suffering from mange and only 4 months or so old. The rescue people got them healthy, they all got new homes and if they are all as happy as he's been for the past 8 years, all is right with the world.
And, back to Reed.....Pud, even YOU must have heard "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" on the radio sometime in your life. That was Lou Reed. A New Yawker through and through. Oh, and that song? I was a basic rundown of the folks at Andy's 'Factory'.
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

Truly sad to hear of Lou passing, A real human being swimming in a sea of plastic crap

As for you Pud, are you serious?, you are'nt just being a dick to piss people off?
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

"Walk on the Wild Side" was his biggest hit single.
He was truly a great performer.

HH
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

R.I.P.
Thanks for the tunes and the words.
Well done, Sir. Well done.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

sadly, another fellow man paying the price for "waiting for the man" a bit too often. :(
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:sadly, another fellow man paying the price for "waiting for the man" a bit too often. :(
If I had a dollar for every time I've listened to that album .................................