Truth- It hurts.

No Politics.
callmeslick

Re: Truth- It hurts.

Post by callmeslick »

Conga, I'm not sure that I agree about the 'avoidance' thing completely(not that I think such a statement would shock you). I got into more than one heated back and forth over matters that were posted that I felt were simply wrongheaded. I don't think doing so should be a problem. But, as I said in a response a few days back to Dawg, I always(or almost always) went into those back-and-forths with both sides agreeing on the facts, just diverging over the conclusions to be drawn from them. I think it is sort of a reflection of recent years that NOW the 'facts' presented are purely fictional(and yes, I do find the right more at fault for this than the left, although both sides avoid blamelessness).
Now, as for the heated exchanges, in most cases(big shoutouts to: g00se, Dawg, Ruggie and even Fly)the shitstorm ended with a sort of tolerable 'agree to disagree'. I've never understood that 'I cannot bear to hear the opinions of those that disagree' that I did hear from a few that were here, and from others elsewhere(once again, a left and right extreme phenomenon).
I dunno, there is the old 'sanitary' approach about avoiding politics and religion, and if that sort of setting floats one's boat, all well and good. Not for me, but I see NO reason why those or anything else cannot be debated with respect and an adult level of intelligence.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

another update, Conga, as you've been away for a while. Some time ago, in an attempt to isolate the feces-throwing, Politics was made a separate forum, so that some of us could just exchange less controversial banter here(hence the Frivolous part of the name). Despite that, Pudfark and Happy(you wanted to be named, Pud?) could not follow that simple set of instructions and both started posting political nonsense here, when it became apparent to them that most of us chose not to enter into such discussions on CWOS, with the current makeup. Thus, they managed to infect the remaining spot to do just the sort of things you mention in your OP--talking about funny stuff you encounter, stuff from work, hobbies, other interests(Buzz and I used to go on about fly-fishing for instance). Mostly it was just off-the wall silliness we were engaged in, but I always liked THAT aspect. Still, juveniles managed to screw that up, and when the simple guidelines were pointed out to them, they just laughed it off. Now, what you are seeing is that some of us are really pissed, so you are seeing, and would continue to see, the absolute worst out of some of us, I suspect. Or, others of us might just leave.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Hey Conga,
On the off chance it means anything, pass on my congrats to that young lad. That's a special achievement.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Hey Conga,
On the off chance it means anything, pass on my congrats to that young lad. That's a special achievement.

amazing to think he was a teenager flying a sim game and now doing the real deal! Mind-blowing!
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

callmeslick wrote:another update, Conga, as you've been away for a while. Some time ago, in an attempt to isolate the feces-throwing, Politics was made a separate forum, so that some of us could just exchange less controversial banter here(hence the Frivolous part of the name). Despite that, Pudfark and Happy(you wanted to be named, Pud?) could not follow that simple set of instructions and both started posting political nonsense here, when it became apparent to them that most of us chose not to enter into such discussions on CWOS, with the current makeup. Thus, they managed to infect the remaining spot to do just the sort of things you mention in your OP--talking about funny stuff you encounter, stuff from work, hobbies, other interests(Buzz and I used to go on about fly-fishing for instance). Mostly it was just off-the wall silliness we were engaged in, but I always liked THAT aspect. Still, juveniles managed to screw that up, and when the simple guidelines were pointed out to them, they just laughed it off. Now, what you are seeing is that some of us are really pissed, so you are seeing, and would continue to see, the absolute worst out of some of us, I suspect. Or, others of us might just leave.
Here ya go, a little recent memory refresher for ya: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4394

BTW, yer the author of it.... :lol:

The only truly frivolous rambling in yer entire post above.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

theres a FAQ that will probably explain how to post links, Pud. :lol:
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:theres a FAQ that will probably explain how to post links, Pud. :lol:
:lol:
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

No substance, just insult. Dull and Duller.....

Callmeshit and his pet Chimp RD.

HH
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

HappyHappy wrote:No substance, just insult. Dull and Duller.....

Callmeshit and his pet Chimp RD.

HH
exhibit B for the day
HappyHappy

Post by HappyHappy »

Truth hurts?

LMAO

You two are indeed racist in the most sinister way.
You are haters hiding behind a Liberal shield.
My family and I know your type all to well.
Most here are not racist. None that i detect, none at all.
But you and RD ooze of the hatred of the closet elitists.
Haters in a sinister way. Like termites in a wall you spread hate and
no one is sure till the damage is done.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

HH