Name one person ?

Pudfark

Re: Name one person ?

Post by Pudfark »

Well, Slick...that's a real cerebral summation...much like a kid, you can't be trusted at the grocery store...sent for food and eats the comic book....the benefits of a progressive education on public display.....

Old Pudfark sez: " Slick's idea of playing ball ??......is with his hands in your pockets "
ruggbutt

Post by ruggbutt »

If Beck is a buffoon that makes Slick a buffoon².
All the cool LOMAC stuff
Reservoir_Dog wrote:It's been a long time since she's cum
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

spare me.....no one of sound mind takes Beck seriously. It's schtick, designed to enrich Beck and Murdoch.
If you are going to base political thinking on him, you're whacked. It's that simple.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Pudfark wrote:Who can factually refute/disprove with tangible evidence, what Glenn Beck says about Obama and his administration ?
I'm dodging as fast as I can wrote:spare me.....no one of sound mind takes Beck seriously. It's schtick, designed to enrich Beck and Murdoch.
If you are going to base political thinking on him, you're whacked. It's that simple.
sack up or shut up
Last edited by CUDA on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Schtick...is your normal reply, Slick...(hence yer nickname?).... :|

Slick, this is yer opportunity to refute any perceived political thinking.....an opportunity, that, thus far you have squandered...much, like Obama has our tax dollars....so far, all I get that you call substantive is:
callmeslick wrote:spare me.....no one of sound mind takes Beck seriously. It's schtick, designed to enrich Beck and Murdoch.
Old Pudfark sez: " Get off the schtick...an on the stick...if, you can "
Pudfark

Post by Pudfark »

Dang...Cuda...ya left me sloppy seconds... :lol:
CUDA
Location: The lone Conservative voice in the Liberal Bastion of Portland Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I have my moments :mrgreen:
"In reality, there exists only fact and fiction.
Opinions result from a lack of the former and a reliance on the latter."

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

The guy said this sort of stuff, and you need ME to refute it??

"In a recent spot on FOX and friends, Beck claimed that he had conducted "research on" the so-called concentration camps being built by the Obama White House as part of a conspiracy to establish totalitarian rule in America and the he could not "debunk them." According to Beck, "If you have any fear that we might be heading toward a totalitarian state, look out. There is something happening in our country and it ain't good."

Concentration camps?? Establishment of totalitarian rule?? Are you all completely nuts?
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Next example: Beck claimed that the White House appointee in question advocated forced sterilization techniques. A prominent de-bunking site wrote this:

But with regard to Beck's claim that Holdren "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population," the text of the book clearly does not support that. We think a thorough reading shows that these were ideas presented as approaches that had been discussed. They were not posed as suggestions or proposals. In fact, the authors make clear that they did not support coercive means of population control. Certainly, nowhere in the book do the authors advocate for forced abortions.

Some have argued that Holdren's view of the imminent and grave global dangers posed by overpopulation should provide pause, given Holdren's current view that global warming now presents imminent and grave global dangers. That's a matter for reasoned debate.

But in seeking to score points for a political argument, Beck seriously mischaracterizes Holdren's positions. Holdren didn't advocate those ideas then. And, when asked at a Senate confirmation hearing, Holdren said he did not support them now. We think it's irresponsible to pluck a few lines from a 1,000-page, 30-year-old textbook, and then present them out of context to dismiss Holdren's long and distinguished career.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

One for the Canadians to enjoy:

from FactCheck.org:
RHETORIC: BECK SAID VANCOUVER LOST $1 BILLION WHEN IT “HAD THE OLYMPICS.” Glenn Beck said, “Vancouver lost, how much was it? they lost a billion dollars when they had the Olympics.” [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]

REALITY: VANCOUVER’S OLYMPICS WILL NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL 2010. Vancouver will host the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games from February 12 – 28, 2010 and March 12-21, 2010, respectively. [Vancouver2010.com, accessed 9/29/09]

Please, name one person with functional brain cells who doesn't think Beck is a flaming loon.