Sucks to be you, Slick!

No Politics.
Reservoir_Dog
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Sucks to be you, Slick!

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

If I don't get some scallops I'm voting Trump! :lol:
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:If I don't get some scallops I'm voting Trump! :lol:
bastard!! You are near the end of the standard scallop season(ocean scallops, quotas).......we'll manage to find bay scallops easy enough. Do you all like oysters? Raw, stewed or fried? Likewise, any interests in the following, as I'm starting to plan the restaurant/seafood store attacks(this is two days or so here, multiple attacks):
1. Big country style breakfasts(two good spots)
2. Steak fish(tuna, mako, mahi, marlin)
3. Fried v broiled
4. Fried Chicken(change of pace, great versions EVERYWHERE).
5. taking a smoked ham home as a souvenir(don't know how that works on a plane, but could be weaponized versus inebriated Eagles fans)
6.you've likely answered, but fancied up seafood v. basic broiled/fried stuff.
7. Oyster stew(local thing)
8. hush puppies(if you have to ask)
9.Soft shelled crabs(fried)
10.Massive piles of steamed crabs and butter.
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

callmeslick wrote:Do you all like oysters? Raw, stewed or fried?
Me = yes, yes and yes.
Chipz = no, yes and yes.
callmeslick wrote:bastard!! You are near the end of the standard scallop season(ocean scallops, quotas).......we'll manage to find bay scallops easy enough. Do you all like oysters? Raw, stewed or fried? Likewise, any interests in the following, as I'm starting to plan the restaurant/seafood store attacks(this is two days or so here, multiple attacks):
1. Big country style breakfasts(two good spots)
2. Steak fish(tuna, mako, mahi, marlin)
3. Fried v broiled
4. Fried Chicken(change of pace, great versions EVERYWHERE).
5. taking a smoked ham home as a souvenir(don't know how that works on a plane, but could be weaponized versus inebriated Eagles fans)
6.you've likely answered, but fancied up seafood v. basic broiled/fried stuff.
7. Oyster stew(local thing)
8. hush puppies(if you have to ask)
9.Soft shelled crabs(fried)
10.Massive piles of steamed crabs and butter.
Dude, you know we're showing up Thursday afternoon and leaving Saturday morning? Right?
How are we going to eat all this food!!!

But to answer your questions:
1. Yup
2. Mako, Mahi or Marlin. Dump the Tuna.
3. Fried
4. Who the fuck doesn't like fried chicken!
5. We'll eat it before we get to the border.
6. Basic broiled/fried stuff ... unless you can make Oysters Rockefeller or Bouillabaisse, in which case I'll be sending Chipz home alone and I will be living with you for the rest of my life.
7. Hell yeah!
8. Chipz has never had them. Gotta go there!
9. All. Fucking. Day. All. Fucking. Night.
10. See #9
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

Reservoir_Dog wrote:Dude, you know we're showing up Thursday afternoon and leaving Saturday morning? Right?
How are we going to eat all this food!!!
welcome to the Eastern shore. My wife used to ask that question, and now simply diets for a month after returning home, noting that:
1. they will deep fry anything that sits still long enough
and
2. every fool seems to know how to make killer fried chicken(cold chicken makes good tailgate food, just sayin')

For myself, I can be a bottomless pit, properly medicated even worse, so no issue. One place I'm thinking off has a 'Fisherman's platter' that is, frankly, obscene. I've consumed one on three trips. The same place makes THE best Oyster stew on the planet, better than my grandmoms'. By the way, Chincoteague produces oysters that are sought after in oyster houses around the planet, and you all are showing up in peak season.

thanks for the answers(Chipz can chime in with anything overlooked on her behalf)
Starting to develop a game plan that will check some, if not most boxes. This will be fun. :D
Oh, and the two of you are NOT going to consume an entire VA ham before the border, or the disclaimer above about 'all this food' is moot. :lol:
Pudfark wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:15 am I live in Texas....you live in America.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

by the way, I was just messaging about your visit with the former BP Flying Nutz, who is heading up from the Outer Banks tomorrow and passing by the VA place. She was hoping to drop in, but it's Delaware bound for us for this weekend. Anyhoo, she sends along her best!!
Reservoir_Dog

Post by Reservoir_Dog »

Wow. There's a blast from the past. :D
ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

callmeslick wrote:it's in the middle of the bay. An OLD watermans community(crabbing, oysters). It would be sail out of Onancock in the AM, return in the PM, likely about time to step off the dock and into the nearby bar. You feeling me on this schedule?(I can even drink a beer or two, as it's mainly backroads to the house). Odd thing about Tangier(and Watts, the other little island in the bay): many natives still speak English with a distinctly Elizabethen accent. Lots of generations, sort of limited to the island, since 1660 or so.
Did someone say accents????
Now it's my turn to say....you may be going home alone Res ;)
ChipznBeer

Post by ChipznBeer »

callmeslick wrote:by the way, I was just messaging about your visit with the former BP Flying Nutz, who is heading up from the Outer Banks tomorrow and passing by the VA place. She was hoping to drop in, but it's Delaware bound for us for this weekend. Anyhoo, she sends along her best!!
And please send the same right back at her please.... :)
Last edited by ChipznBeer on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
callmeslick

Post by callmeslick »

the Tangier Island trip, Chipz, may have to wait for a subsequent visit some summer. They stop running the daily ferry run at the end of September, and unless we rent the entire boat for a day(not exactly cheap), we're out of easy transportation. It is a fascinating place to visit, and if you like the sound of 'different' English accents, the locals on the Shore will likely amuse you somewhat.

edit-- not to mention my bastardization of a mix of low country Southern accent, Philly area and New England accents.